Classes of hosting services
A hosting service suggests saving and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to run a website, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between different packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with chums or partners since the service is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to administering your mail addresses. Some corporations offer webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many videos as you would like without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a site. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular content exclusively.